[Xastir] interface error

Curt Mills, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Wed Jan 29 02:08:30 EST 2003

On Tue, 28 Jan 2003, John L Place wrote:

> Just updated to version 1.1.3. Am now getting: Error opening interface 1
> Time Out.
> Have tried using most of the sites in the aprserve.txt file. Some open
> for a while and then get the above error.
> Other network connections are working fine. Am using Xastir now that the
> Ahubs have gone to a new way of connecting and can not figure out how to
> send a command line request in Xastir of WinAprs.

I'm trying to figure out how many issues you're asking about here.
Is interface 1 a local serial TNC or AX.25 device, or a network
connection?

If it's a network connection, which server/port is it?

The aprsserve.txt file looks to be quite old.  I'd suggest going to
the URL listed there and snagging a new one, then trying some of
those servers.

If you're talking about the new filtering servers, I think it's a
message that you send to the server with normal messaging.  I haven't
looked into the feature yet, so I don't know if you send a message
to an e-mail address or to a callsign.

Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo.com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer