[Xastir] interface error

Pat Masterson bat at grumman.com
Wed Jan 29 10:27:55 EST 2003

On Tue, 28 Jan 2003, John L Place wrote:

> Just updated to version 1.1.3. Am now getting: Error opening interface 1
> Time Out.

 I found that some of the APRS servers have changed their port lineups. I
was using ahubeast.net and got timeouts. They dropped the port I was
using. Now I am going to their filtered port, 14850. Best to check thier
web page periodically for the latest port lineup. Here you send a
message within  xastir to set your filter parameters. I didnt want
stations fom outside the US so I set: filter K/W/A/N and it worked in a
few minutes. I am happily igating to ahubeast. Because xastir is holding
lots fewer stations in the tables, it uses lots less CPU on my pentium
266. This is a good thing.
 But, the stats page there shows 0 bytes received from me, although I can
see the data going to them. And I can see the data I sent at findu.com.
 Another mystery...
-pat

*  Pat Masterson  B38-01,  Northrop Grumman,     *  Ham:KE2LJ
*  South Oyster Bay Rd. Plant 1.                 *  President Grumman Amateur
*  Bethpage, NY 11714                            *  Radio Club  WA2LQO
*  email: bat at grumman.com   Fone: 516-346-7125   *  www.qsl.net/wa2lqo