[Xastir] Re: feature bloat

Curt Mills, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Sat Jul 5 11:45:11 EDT 2003

On Sat, 5 Jul 2003, Wes Johnston wrote:

> Although I hate to say I miss something about winaprs, I must say I miss the
> ability to have two or more windows open at the same time.  It *is* nice to
> have one map in one window show the surrounding area, and a 2nd tracking a
> station zoomed up close.  Any plans to do this in X?

Yea, kind'a.  Plans are to go to a new software organization.  We've
been calling this the Xastir-2 project.  At the point we get that up
and running, you'll be able to start multiple clients and have as
many views as you want.  You'll even be able to start up multiple
clients on multiple computers, all attached to the same Xastir2
daemon.

> Hey, are the folks who write Xastir our version of the Xmen?  Does Curt ride
> around in that ridculous looking wheel chair with goose neck mic holders
> sticking out of his forehead? <grin>  If any of you didn't see x-men, they
> had a spherical room in which they could track the locations of all x-men on
> earth.  Interesting parallels.

I didn't see it, but I often use a headset/boom-mic attached to a
2-meter and carry sharp instruments which can do severe harm:  When
I'm bow-hunting.  No wheelchair yet, but there's always that chance.

Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo.com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer