[Xastir] Re: HSP Cable Problem and now Segfault

Stephen West-Fisher steve at coastaldatasystems.com
Sat Jul 5 21:01:18 EDT 2003

  Curt Mills, WE7U wrote:

> It'd also be nice if you had one of those LED breakout boxes, so you
> could see which handshakes are activating on all the boxes, and in
> particular which handshake is making the Kantronics cable function
> properly.  Perhaps a different handshake is being used in Xastir.
> We use the DTR line.

Just wanted to let you know the current status of  the HSP problem. I
reloaded everything today, and installed xastir from the Debian package
(Version 1.0.0). Guess what? The HSP cable works fine. It looks like
there is something wrong with the code in 1.2.0. My plan is to step up
through the stable versions to find where it breaks (unless there was a
Debian problem, in which case it will never break).

I still think it is spending too much time listening to the GPS. If you
will give me a clue where the code is timeing the change in DTR I'll
take a look at it (privately of course, looks like purhaps I need to
join the other email list as well).

--
Stephen West-Fisher
Coastal Data Systems