[Xastir] Re: HSP Cable Problem and now Segfault

Stephen West-Fisher steve at coastaldatasystems.com
Thu Jul 3 19:45:30 EDT 2003

Curt Mills, WE7U wrote:

> It'd also be nice if you had one of those LED breakout boxes, so you
> could see which handshakes are activating on all the boxes, and in
> particular which handshake is making the Kantronics cable function
> properly.  Perhaps a different handshake is being used in Xastir.
> We use the DTR line.

Got one now :-)

There is essentially no difference. DTR does go high and low. However,
in dosAPRS it only goes low for a very short period of time and then
goes back high. In Xastir it's about 50% high then 50% low. RTS and CTS
are always high. TD is always low. DSR and CD don't light at all.

This is with both systems.

When DTR goes high in Xastir, I do see the RD flicker, but xastir never
shows anything. If I close Xastir and start Minicom, DTR will be high
and I see RD flicker and packets being displayed.

Any ideas or anything else you would like me to try?

--
Stephen West-Fisher
Coastal Data Systems