[Xastir] Re: HSP Cable Problem and now Segfault

Stephen West-Fisher steve at coastaldatasystems.com
Thu Jul 3 16:34:51 EDT 2003

Curt Mills, WE7U wrote:

> Easiest way I know of would be to measure with a DMM and bring up
> Minicom/Seyon or some other terminal program, watching the handshake
> lines as it activates the port.

Correction: DTR is pin 20 and it looks like it is always -9 with respect
to pin 7.

Since I know a lot more about software than hardware, I commented out
the debugging if statments in port_dtr so that I could see just the UP
Down and DTR. When I disconnect the cable to check levels, DTR is always
1 and status is Down. When I connect the cable back up, it will cycle
between DTR 1 and 0 and UP and Down. Not back and forth, more like two
and two. I expected it to cycle back and forth and for me to see a
change in DTR when it did. However, I don't work in C so am probably
misunderstanding something here.

Any of this shed any light?

--
Stephen West-Fisher