[Xastir] Xastir falling asleep?

Kirk Mefford kc2elo at softhome.net
Sun Jul 6 02:10:13 EDT 2003

I have xastir loaded through a telnet session and displayed on a cygwin
x-server on an old Pentium-100 computer.  The slow computer can't handle
the load of being connected to an internet server very well but allows
xastir to always be on screen and "out of my way" this way.

After an undetermined amount of time Xastir seems to go to sleep.  It still
displays the map screen etc but doesn't do anything until it receives a
mouse/keyboard command.  It is connected to an internet server and an AGWPE
port full time but after so long it doesn't decode incoming packets nor
does it send any packets until I give it some sort of input such as click
on a menu etc.

Any ideas what's going on here?