[Xastir] Xastir falling asleep?

Kirk Mefford kc2elo at softhome.net
Mon Jul 7 14:30:47 EDT 2003

At 12:21 PM 7/7/2003, Curt Mills, WE7U wrote:
>On Sun, 6 Jul 2003, Kirk Mefford wrote:
>
> > I have xastir loaded through a telnet session and displayed on a cygwin
> > x-server on an old Pentium-100 computer.  The slow computer can't handle
> > the load of being connected to an internet server very well but allows
> > xastir to always be on screen and "out of my way" this way.
> >
> > After an undetermined amount of time Xastir seems to go to sleep.  It still
> > displays the map screen etc but doesn't do anything until it receives a
> > mouse/keyboard command.  It is connected to an internet server and an AGWPE
> > port full time but after so long it doesn't decode incoming packets nor
> > does it send any packets until I give it some sort of input such as click
> > on a menu etc.
>
>What type of operating system is Xastir running on?

See my first paragraph.
The system where Xastir resides is a Win2k machine with cygwin.
The older system which is basically just the x server is a win95 machine
with cygwin.

>Are either of the two boxes a laptop?

Nope

>Do you have APM running in the BIOS or the OS of either box?

Nope

>Do the internet server connections and/or the AGWPE socket
>connection time-out?

The AGWPE socket tends to go "deaf" but I think that's a fault with
AGWPE... once a packet is TX'd from it then AGWPE will continue to RX.
(this has happened before even with other client software)

The other connections aren't timing out.  Data is going to Xastir but
Xastir isn't doing anything with it.