[Xastir] Xastir falling asleep?

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Wed Jul 9 20:35:12 EDT 2003

On Mon, 7 Jul 2003, Gerry Creager N5JXS wrote:

> I've had 3 episodes, now, of the current (plus/minus 2 days) cvs xastir
> sleeping after extended periods... Desktop/RH9/stable everything before
> this.  We're also seeing cpu and memory usage spike when a connection is
> lost via internet to a server.  After the George's question a couple of
> days ago, I started looking.  I'm spiking cpu util. at 20% if 2 or more
> connections are lost (I'm on a flakey ISDN connection), and if n>4, it's
> really spooky.  I've not been able to correlate similar data drops with
> the sleeping issue, though it seems likely to be related.

We had a very short delay in the net connect routine.  I cranked up
the delay quite a bit.  It should be better now (well, 24 hours from
now when you can get the changes via CVS).

George's high CPU-usage may be related to memory size and swapping.
I have an e-mail off to him regarding this possibility.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin