[Xastir] latest cvs update broke my maps

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Mon Jul 7 16:20:36 EDT 2003

On Mon, 7 Jul 2003, Kirk Mefford wrote:

> I guess it hasn't hit the anonymous cvs server yet.

Oh yea.  That's going to be a continual problem until they get it
fixed on SourceForge.  Sometime next month.

Here's the writeup:

  Xastir 1.2.1 CVS:

     On or about July 3rd, 2003, the locations of the Xastir system directories
     were changed.  Existing users must go through this procedure in order to
     convert to the new directory structure:

        cd src/xastir
        cvs update
        ./bootstrap.sh
        ./configure
        make
        Shut down any running Xastir instances
        cd scripts
        su
        ./xastir-migrate.sh (this will move the Xastir system directories)
        make install-strip
        chmod 4555 /usr/local/bin/xastir
        exit (from root)
        ./xastir-fixcfg.sh (run this for each user that has ever run Xastir)

     After you start the new Xastir, you'll need to reindex all maps.

> The problem is still there though with none of the menu's that require more
> than a toggle working.
>

> >If not, let us know which OS and version, which widget set
> >(Motif/OpenMotif/Lesstif), and which version of X11 you're running.
>
> I'm using Cygwin under Win2k.  Lesstif ver- .93.41-1, XFree86 Xserver ver-
> 4.2.0-35

Hmmm... I'm starting to think that Lesstif might be a problem again.
Tim:  Are you running Lesstif also?

Could one of you try switching to OpenMotif and see if the problem
goes away?  You'll probably need to remove lesstif and
lesstif-devel, and install openmotif and openmotif devel.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin