[Xastir] Re: HSP Cable Problem and now Segfault

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Mon Jul 7 17:01:14 EDT 2003

On Mon, 7 Jul 2003, Stephen West-Fisher wrote:

> Version 1.0.0 works, and version 1.1.0 works. Version 1.1.5 is broken as
> well as 1.2.0. I'll have to think of some place to go and see if the
> tracking in 1.1.0 works better than 1.0.0.

I might have found the problem:  When the code to send waypoint
strings out to the GPS was added, DTR was set before sending the
strings (for an HSP port).  DTR wasn't reset when done sending the
waypoint string.

The fix is in CVS, but you won't see it until tomorrow unless you're
a developer.  If you want to try the fix before then, I can send you
the changed files.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin