[Xastir] Saving Map Chooser information (Automap)

Matt Werner kb0kqa at arrl.net
Tue Jul 8 11:30:08 EDT 2003

Hello all -

I am running Xastir 1.1.4 on a Linux box.  I have downloaded a number of
Tiger maps from esri.com, some of which I use, some of which I don't.  I
have left them all in my maps directory so that I can call one up if I
should ever want it (like the railroad map).  I then went into the map
chooser and set the layers, fill, etc that I want, and turned automap OFF on
all of the maps that I don't want to see right now.

When I exit Xastir, it saves all of my settings except the automap setting -
when I come back into the program all of the maps are set to automap ON
again.  Since I have probably 300 seperate files, this is a large pain to go
and select all of the ones that I don't want again.

I have three questions:

1) Short of removing the maps from the map directory, is there an easier way
to go about this?

2) Regardless, it seems to me that the automap setting in the map chooser
should be saved when I exit, correct?

3) I will soon be moving my Xastir installation to another computer along
with the maps.  What file(s) do I need to take with so that my map settings
all remain the same as well (in addition to the maps)?  I will be installing
the latest version of Xastir on the new machine.

Thanks and 73 - Matt