[Xastir] Today's activities

Gerry Creager N5JXS gerry.creager at tamu.edu
Tue Jul 8 23:42:40 EDT 2003

Just for fun, you might want to snag the track for n5jxs-8 from FindU.
This afternoon, WB5BBW and I loaded up 3 PC's (1 Windows, 2 Linux) and
set off to do some testing.  I was tracking and linked into the network
using a Sierra Wireless AirNet 550 1xRTT card; Kurt was doing large-file
transfers (800k-10M) using similar hardware, under Windows and Linux.

While I was driving between Conroe and Huntsville, TX, on Interstate 45,
I did a CVS update, and compiled, installed and restarted xastir.  To
the latest CVS.

Curt, the redraw stuff is cool.

All the while, we were following our progress on the local GPS attached
via serial port.  And viewing the results using Tigermaps with all the
bells and whistles turned on.

It was pretty cool.

For those interested, the typical FTP transfer rate was 8-8.5
kBytes/sec, or, 60-75 kbits/sec per card...

73, gerry
Gerry Creager -- gerry.creager at tamu.edu
Cell: 979.229.5301 Office: 979.458.4020 FAX: 979.847.8578
Page: 979.228.0173