[Xastir] Xastir falling asleep?

Curt Mills, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Wed Jul 9 01:02:08 EDT 2003

On Mon, 7 Jul 2003, Gerry Creager N5JXS wrote:

> I've had 3 episodes, now, of the current (plus/minus 2 days) cvs xastir
> sleeping after extended periods... Desktop/RH9/stable everything before
> this.  We're also seeing cpu and memory usage spike when a connection is
> lost via internet to a server.  After the George's question a couple of
> days ago, I started looking.  I'm spiking cpu util. at 20% if 2 or more
> connections are lost (I'm on a flakey ISDN connection), and if n>4, it's
> really spooky.  I've not been able to correlate similar data drops with
> the sleeping issue, though it seems likely to be related.

Hmmm.  I added a BUNCH of calls to ask X11 to process events
(HandlePendingEvents).  I wonder, if there aren't any events to
process, if X11 waits until there are?  I could add in a call to see
if there are events to process...  I'll have to look at that.

Actually, main.c:HandlePendingEvents() does a loop while
XtAppPending(app), so I guess we already check that.

Perhaps some of the X11 libraries have bugs in XtAppPending()?

Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo.com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer