[Xastir] latest cvs update broke my maps

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Wed Jul 9 16:46:24 EDT 2003

On Mon, 7 Jul 2003, Tim Schall wrote:

> I tried the 'UPGRADE' instructions.  Pretty simple really.  They didn't work.
> I tried 'blowing away' my source directory and reloading.  Also simple.  It
> didn't work either.  Here's what happens (Using locally stored tiger based
> shape files for maps):

> I could go on for an hour like this but you get the point.  Is there any other
> information I can provide?  And lest I sound like I am ranting thank you all
> for efforts in this excellent programming and in resolving this issue.

I'd try these fixes in sequence to find out if it's due to our
having moved the Xastir system directories, or possibly due to other
changes that we've made:

1) Kill Xastir
2) Delete ~/.xastir/config/selected_maps.sys
3) Try Xastir again, ReIndex ALL Maps, then select maps in the Map
Chooser and play a little.

4) If Xastir still crashes, try closing Xastir and then renaming the
.xastir directory to .xastir2, then restart Xastir.  If it runs fine
now, then there was something in your config files that was causing
the problem.  You can do a compare (after Save Config Now!) between
the two directories to see where the problem was.  Send a .tgz file
of each to me and I'll look at them.

5) If the problem still occurs, it could be due to newer code that
was added.  Are you having the same problem on both Windows and
Linux?  If it's Windows-only, try updating Cygwin again via network
update to see if that fixes it.  It did for one user.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin