[Xastir] yet another weird problem.

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Wed Jul 9 16:57:14 EDT 2003

On Mon, 7 Jul 2003, Kirk Mefford wrote:

> index_restore_from_file: bottom extent incorrect 4098407296 in map name:
> Largemaps/USAEAST.MAP
>
> index_restore_from_file: top extent incorrect 4118567296 in map name:
> Largemaps/USAEAST.MAP
>
> index_restore_from_file: left extent incorrect 4172567296 in map name:
> Largemaps/USAEAST.MAP
>
> index_restore_from_file: right extent incorrect 252000000 in map name:
> Largemaps/USAEAST.MAP
>
> index_restore_from_file: top extent incorrect 3967367296 in map name:
> Largemaps/USASEAST.MAP
>
> index_restore_from_file: top extent incorrect 4016687296 in map name:
> Largemaps/USAWEST.MAP
>
> These are DOS aprs format maps that came with winaprs who knows when.

These are the same filenames that another users is reporting
problems with.  The ones I downloaded from the other user appear to
have Mac line-ends.  I converted my copies to Unix line-ends.  Both
versions display fine here on Xastir, and I don't get those messages.

Try updating to the latest CVS and see if that problem goes away.  I
fixed another small thing w.r.t. DOS/Windows maps recently (a few
days ago).

> And while I have everyone's attention..... Is it normal for the "FCC Index
> old, Rebuilding" message to appear every time Xastir loads?  Xastir takes
> long enough to load as it is... the less things going on the better.

No.  I have the database here, and I don't get that message.  I
suspect that xastir-fixcfg.sh didn't get run, or was run while
Xastir was still up?

Also check your permissions on files/directories in your ~/.xastir
directory.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin