[Xastir] yet another weird problem.

Kirk Mefford kc2elo at softhome.net
Wed Jul 9 20:10:02 EDT 2003

At 03:57 PM 7/9/2003, Curt Mills, WE7U wrote:
>On Mon, 7 Jul 2003, Kirk Mefford wrote:
> > index_restore_from_file: top extent incorrect 4016687296 in map name:
> > Largemaps/USAWEST.MAP
> >
> > These are DOS aprs format maps that came with winaprs who knows when.
>
>These are the same filenames that another users is reporting
>problems with.  The ones I downloaded from the other user appear to
>have Mac line-ends.  I converted my copies to Unix line-ends.  Both
>versions display fine here on Xastir, and I don't get those messages.
>
>Try updating to the latest CVS and see if that problem goes away.  I
>fixed another small thing w.r.t. DOS/Windows maps recently (a few
>days ago).

I'll give that a try...

> > And while I have everyone's attention..... Is it normal for the "FCC Index
> > old, Rebuilding" message to appear every time Xastir loads?  Xastir takes
> > long enough to load as it is... the less things going on the better.
>
>No.  I have the database here, and I don't get that message.  I
>suspect that xastir-fixcfg.sh didn't get run, or was run while
>Xastir was still up?

It has done it since before the directory changes... I just now thought
about it after dealing with the other problems recently... reloading Xastir
as many times in one day as I did is what made it annoying enough to ask
about it.

>Also check your permissions on files/directories in your ~/.xastir
>directory.

everything looks as it should.  I might try deleting the database and
"reinstall" it from the archive again.  Then again I might not fool with it
for a few days since Xastir seems to be happy since I updated
everything.  It has been running flawlessly for a day or two now and I
don't want to mess with a good thing.

I can even display it on my slower machine again so it can stay up and
running and out of the family's way when on the main computer.