[Xastir] Feature bloat (again)

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Thu Jul 10 15:38:58 EDT 2003

On Wed, 9 Jul 2003, Wes Johnston wrote:

> < dreaming >
> Wouldn't it be nice if we "hovered" over a street (with shapefiles) and
> after 5 seconds, up popped the street name?
>
> What if we could load a terra map in, and overlay it on top of a
> shapefile... then when you "hovered" over the photo of a street, up from
> below (the bottom layer would be shapefile labels) came the name of the
> street?
>
> < /dreaming >

Add to the feature request list.  Those aren't all that hard to
implement, believe it or not.

The trickiest part would be in figuring out which streets are
nearest to a point.  That might be very easy to do once we switch
over to a relational database that understands lat/long...

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin