[Xastir] First Time CVS source

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Thu Jul 10 16:31:57 EDT 2003

On 10 Jul 2003, Brian Heaton wrote:

> 	How about 5 seconds.  That way you've got at least 3 full rotations
> through all the strings to catch them.

Actually I think I'm going to leave it alone for now.  The code is
optimized so that you'll wait until you get valid GPS strings, then
immediately proceed back to TNC mode.  The amount of time spent in
GPS mode is minimal, assuring that you'll get as many TNC strings as
possible.

Yea, it could be a problem if someone has incorrect GPS settings or
a broken HSP cable.  They could get stuck waiting for GPS data
forever, ignoring the TNC receive data.  In that case they'd still
be transmitting to the TNC.  I think this scenario will happen very
infrequently.

If I were to add in a time limit for waiting for the GPS strings,
I might also have to limit the speed at which you can snag GPS
strings in the Configure->Timing dialog.  I don't really want to do
that.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin