[Xastir] First Time CVS source

Stephen West-Fisher steve at coastaldatasystems.com
Thu Jul 10 16:48:38 EDT 2003

Curt Mills, WE7U wrote:

> Yea, it could be a problem if someone has incorrect GPS settings or
> a broken HSP cable.  They could get stuck waiting for GPS data
> forever, ignoring the TNC receive data.  In that case they'd still
> be transmitting to the TNC.  I think this scenario will happen very
> infrequently.

How can I be sure about this? I was assuming that if Xastir knew where I
was well enough to transmit my (moving) position, it should be happy
with the GPS connection. If you'll tell me where in the code (like, what
source file) it is waiting for GPS data I can take a look at it. And
remember, it worked properly with 1.0.0.

--
Stephen West-Fisher
Coastal Data Systems