[Xastir] HSP Problems

Stephen West-Fisher steve at coastaldatasystems.com
Fri Jul 11 06:52:53 EDT 2003

Curt Mills, WE7U wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Jul 2003, Stephen West-Fisher wrote:
>

>>This is not the case, I was using it mobile yesterday. It knows where it
>>is, so it must be reading the GPS, correct? It's just not listening to
>>the TNC. However, it knows it there 'cause it correctly transmits it's
>>position, as verified on my home machine.
>

> Well, it really doesn't know it's there.  The HSP cable allows you to
> switch the receive line between two devices, but the transmit line
> out of the computer always goes directly to the TNC, no matter what
> the state of the DTR line.  At least that's how it is with all the
> HSP cables/adapters I've seen so far.

You were thinking that it wasn't getting vaild GPS strings. I am
thinking that since it is transmitting correct positions when I'm moble,
it must be getting valid GPS strings.

Anyway, I'll check out the new source and take a look if I'm still
having problems, thanks for the hints!

--
Stephen West-Fisher
Coastal Data Systems