[Xastir] First Time CVS source

Curt Mills, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Thu Jul 10 19:08:28 EDT 2003

On Thu, 10 Jul 2003, Stephen West-Fisher wrote:

> This is not the case, I was using it mobile yesterday. It knows where it
> is, so it must be reading the GPS, correct? It's just not listening to
> the TNC. However, it knows it there 'cause it correctly transmits it's
> position, as verified on my home machine.

Well, it really doesn't know it's there.  The HSP cable allows you to
switch the receive line between two devices, but the transmit line
out of the computer always goes directly to the TNC, no matter what
the state of the DTR line.  At least that's how it is with all the
HSP cables/adapters I've seen so far.

Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo.com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer