[Xastir] Xastir on a laptop

KC7ZRU - Tate kc7zru at arrl.net
Sun Jul 13 16:40:28 EDT 2003

Tom Robson wrote:

 > Just wondering.   Will I be wasting my time trying to install/run
xastir/cygwin on a Toshiba 90 Mhz 40Mb ram laptop with about 900 Mb free
diskspace?

 > I'm kinda used to running on a 233 Mhz with 256 ram on a stand-a-lone
computer and performance is good.  Linux only...

 > Any guesstimates on performance degradation?
 >
 > ...73 Tom

FWIW, I've run earlier versions of xastir on a P-100 desktop. I was very
glad to upgrade that hardware.

It'll work - but it does take quite a while to re-draw, depending on
maps of course.

If you're going mobile, doing the 'track me', it may well be close to
unusable.

Hey - give it a shot - what's worst can happen?

73

--
         "The Dungeon" online at http://go.to/kc7zru
               Casper, WY    |    CARC Repeater