[Xastir] Are you sure on Exit.... V1.2.1

Tom Robson ve7did at dccnet.com
Mon Jul 14 13:11:39 EDT 2003

On July 14, 2003 09:57 am, Curt Mills, WE7U wrote:
> On Sun, 13 Jul 2003, Tom Robson wrote:
> > Any chance of putting the annoying...  <are you sure on exit> dialog back
> > in? Just killed xastir by a stupid mouseclick mistake.... (of course now
> > lost all the current data)
>
> That's kind'a funny.  I was the one that originally put that "Are
> you sure?" dialog in.  I got blasted because it wasn't very "Unixy".
> The reason I put it in there was because I sometimes accidentally
> closed an Xastir instance when I didn't mean to, sometimes in the
> middle of a longish test that caused me to start the whole test over
> again.

The same thing applies to to tracks and positions in real operations, say you
were on a SAR exercise or something, credibility to go down the tubes....

> I later succumbed to peer pressure and took it back out.

I thought you had thick skin..... hi

You're the
> first to complain about its absence.

> FWIW:  I don't tend to accidentally close Xastir instances much
> anymore.  Perhaps I'm getting slower as I age, and have more time to
> think before I get to that menu option?

I am definitely getting older and slower, but it doesn't seem to matter...
still can't think straight at times...

> Since some people really despised that dialog, another option might
> be to bury it under another level, so that you can't exit from the
> main menu level?  In that case it'd be like the Configure menu
> entry, where you go to another submenu.  The submenu would only have
> "Exit" on it.  It'd take slightly more in the way of mouse actions
> to get there.

Or ask the question.....  Do you want to save the changes prior to exit?
Look familiar?   Or just put it back....

...73 Tom