[Xastir] how do I?

wes at johnston.net wes at johnston.net
Mon Jul 14 13:52:44 EDT 2003

I'd put the switch in the PTT line.  Better yet, take your idea of a DTMF code
to reboot the box, and use DTMF code to enable/disable the PTT at the remote
sites.  THat way we could bypass the system and fall back to local RELAYs if
needed.

Thanks for ideas!!  (bootable CD idea too)

Wes

On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 10:26:04 -0700 (PDT), "Curt Mills, WE7U" wrote:
> You could perhaps install a switch in the serial cable going to the
> TNC so that the TXD line is disconnected.  That way you could assure
> that they wouldn't transmit.  I'd suggest going with KISS-mode
> TNC's, perhaps with just KISS ROM's in them instead of the normal
> ROM's.  If you don't go KISS, you might have to leave the TXD line
> connected through so that aprsd can set up the TNC properly.

ham callsign: kd4rdb
find me: http://wesvan.zapto.org