[Xastir] how do I?

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Mon Jul 14 13:56:31 EDT 2003

On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 wes at johnston.net wrote:

> I'd put the switch in the PTT line.  Better yet, take your idea of a DTMF code
> to reboot the box, and use DTMF code to enable/disable the PTT at the remote
> sites.  THat way we could bypass the system and fall back to local RELAYs if
> needed.
>
> Thanks for ideas!!  (bootable CD idea too)

Actually, if these things are networked somehow to feed packets
around, you could send commands via that method and skip the DTMF
stuff for PTT.  Assuming you met other FCC rules regarding control
of remote transmitters of course.  You might still want it for
remote booting though, in which case you could implement both
methods so you have a backup.

SSH/OpenSSH works well for remote control if you have a network
connection.  Gives you an encrypted compressed connnection to the
remote end.  I use it all the time.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin