[Xastir] shapelib setup help

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Mon Jul 14 14:10:11 EDT 2003

On Fri, 11 Jul 2003, KC7ZRU - Tate wrote:

> Seán Brennan wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > I'm not sure if this is the correct forum for setup help, but will throw it out
> > anyway.
> >
> > I'm trying to setup the shapelib files and have followed the recommended directions
> > to a tee. I have changed, several times, the MakeFile to remove to the one space
> > missing afetr the "-h", but still get the failure"cp: cannot stat ',lib/libshp.la':
> > No such file or directory", I am now at a loss what to do.
> >
> > I was wondering if trying to set it up on the secondary drive D: instead of C: may
> > have an effect?
> >
> > Sean
> > KE1AB
> >

> Mmm - maybe I'm just in a SWAG'n mood tonite
>
> You doing this install as root?
>
> I'm curious as to what OS you're running - linux dosen't have either a
> D: or a C: in it's file structure. Your second drive will be part of the
> file system. To linux - they all appear as 'one file system' - not
> drives as we're used to in the MS world.

He's installing on Windows/Cygwin.

The only installs I've done were with Cygwin installed into
"C:\cygwin".  I don't know what might break in either the Cygwin
stuff or the Xastir + optional libraries stuff if you install into
another place.  I wrote the instructions for everything installed
into the default location.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin