[Xastir] 100% CPU Usage

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Mon Jul 14 16:01:53 EDT 2003

On 14 Jul 2003, George wrote:

> Something that was changed in the latest CVS has caused a weird problem.
>
> If I try to start an internet connection, it says I'm connected to the
> server, but, I get no data (this is with first, second, and third
> aprs.net. As well as a few more). Then, after trying to connect to the
> internet servers, when I try to connect to my local aprsd, I get no data
> from it. I have to kill xastir and restart it, then my local connection
> works again.

Huh?  I just connected to a server here in Redmond, WA, and two of
the firenet servers.  One firenet server is the filtered one and is
sending me only objects/items/weather alerts, the other is the full
feed and is going nuts sending me stuff (as usual).

All three connects were very quick and sent me packets right away.
I'm on a very fast, dependable internet connection here.  Perhaps at
home on my unreliable dial-up connection things might be a bit
different.

Anyone else seeing problems like George is describing?

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin