[Xastir] how do I?

Gerry Creager N5JXS gerry.creager at tamu.edu
Tue Jul 15 07:54:49 EDT 2003

Adding an element of practicality, Best Buy EMachines deals are often
able to provide a smokin' computer for $400; systems from mini-itx.com
or Soekris can do the job, as well.  In fact, for $200, the Soekris
(www.soekris.com) systems are pretty nice.  I'm looking at several
(hundred!) for the Texas Mesonet project as embedded data collectors and
preprocessors.

While the app name escapes me, there's a daemon available to
transmogrify serial data into a tcp stream.  Hmmm.  Multicast stream?
No, guess not.  Most of the carriers and ISPs aren't ready for that!

73
gerry