[Xastir] HSP Problem

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Tue Jul 15 15:10:45 EDT 2003

On Sun, 13 Jul 2003, Stephen West-Fisher wrote:

>              case DEVICE_SERIAL_GPS:
>              case DEVICE_SERIAL_TNC_HSP_GPS:
>              case DEVICE_NET_GPSD:
>
>                  if ( (length > 7) && (strncmp(string,"$GPRMC,",7) == 0) ) {
>                      strncpy(gprmc_save_string,string,MAX_LINE_SIZE);
>                      gps_port_save = port;
>                  }
>                  else if ( (length > 7) && (strncmp(string,"$GPGGA,",7)
> == 0) ) {
>                      strncpy(gpgga_save_string,string,MAX_LINE_SIZE);
>                      gps_port_save = port;
>                  }
>                  else {  // Else drop the string on the floor.
>                  }
>                  break;

> Since DEVICE_SERIAL_TNC_HSP_GPS is true, all data is considered GPS
> data. So the needed GPS strings are OK, but all other data received on
> the port goes into the bit bucket, including received packets!

You think that's an oops?  hi hi

> Packets are never moved to incomming_data and data_avail is never true,
> so they are never parsed in main.c.

I'm looking at this now.  I've been very busy, so I apologize for
not having looked at this sooner.

It might take a bit of time for me to understand how/why we did
things before, and to figure out the proper fix.  I'll look at your
other message as well though that I think suggested one fix.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin