[Xastir] FreeBSD 4.5 Problem

Stephen West-Fisher steve at coastaldatasystems.com
Sat Jul 26 18:16:49 EDT 2003

HSP stuff on my desktop has been running fine, FreeBSD 4.8.

I've been running Debian 3.0 on my laptop, but I was never all the found
of SVR4, so I've been working on putting FreeBSD on it as well. The most
current release I can install and get XFree86 configured correctly is
4.5, with the old v3 of XFree86. If anybody knows how to get the
FixPanelSize option to work with a CT65545 in XFree86 4.3.0, I'd love to
know :-)

However, Xastir is having a lot of problems as soon as I configure a
serial port. HSP, single TNC, serial GPS, it doesn't matter. Things get
very, very slow, and it appears I'm getting a lot of tty buffer
overflows. So, is there somethig I need to do to make FreeBSD 4.5 happy
with Xastir?

--
Stephen West-Fisher
Coastal Data Systems