[Xastir] 100% CPU Usage

Curt Mills, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Wed Jul 16 01:04:58 EDT 2003

On 14 Jul 2003, George wrote:

> Something that was changed in the latest CVS has caused a weird problem.
>
> If I try to start an internet connection, it says I'm connected to the
> server, but, I get no data (this is with first, second, and third
> aprs.net. As well as a few more). Then, after trying to connect to the
> internet servers, when I try to connect to my local aprsd, I get no data
> from it. I have to kill xastir and restart it, then my local connection
> works again.
>
> I hope this explanation is clear and helps track down the bug.

I think this bug may be the same or related to the one I'm currently
working on.  Have you seen the bug very recently, and do you get any
messages in the xterm you started Xastir from?

Where you shutting down interfaces, changing properties on interfaces,
or having internet connections fail and retry just before/during the
high CPU occurrences?

Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo.com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer