[Xastir] xastir doesn't see anything over port 8000 ...

Orrin Winton oakenshieldd at lycos.com
Mon Jul 14 16:27:44 EDT 2003

Curt Mills wrote:

>Turn off the security features of AGWPE, if you have those going.

I can't seem to find an agwpe dialog to do that.
Security features.

>You might also remove your Pass-code from the Properties box for
>that interface in Xastir.

OK, i found that.  There's no pass-code entered.

I'm telling it that the host is 192.168.0.1 (my
Windows box running agwpe) port 8000.  I get a note
on the xastir task bar that says "connected to
192.168.0.1" and i notice that the "Interface
control" dialog says "Device 0 Networked AGWPE
connecting to 192.168.0.1:8000 and is UP".  The
"Display Packet Data" dialog shows nothing coming in.
Again, this is after i set my iptables wide open
(temporarily) to see if the firewall was blocking
anything.

Then i run IPTools on the Windows box to monitor ports,
and one line there says that 192.168.0.1 (Windows) is
connected on 8000 to 192.168.0.10 (Linux) port 1096.
(This latter port number is different each time i
connect the two machines for running xastir/agwpe.)

Orrin wn1z