[Xastir] New code testing

Chris Bell cbell at junknet.com
Wed Jul 23 15:58:02 EDT 2003

[snip snip]
> > I will be testing some more today, but I think gps tracks are broken
> > again.  My own trail was only showing points where I was digi'd, not
> > moving my icon or logging a point when the gps updates (set for 5
> > seconds).  Even that was delayed by the map redraws, kind fun to watch
> > your icon be drawn, with a DR circle, then pop to the next point, then
> > jump again causing a redraw... hmmmm
>
> It was working for me, using a Serial GPS interface, monday night
> for about 6.5 hours straight while house-hunting.  What type of
> interface are you using?

Of course, if you watch the pot it will not boil....

This morning it worked fine.  The only change was a reboot (to mess
with some windows junk), no code changes.  I am using gpsd for the gps
(on a usb-serial adapter) with a 5 second update, and a kpc3+ on the
real serial port (normal serial tnc, no kiss) with smart-beaconing.  I
think the difference is that yesterday I had xastir running for 24
hours or so before connecting any interfaces, so I think the expire
timeouts are interfering with the tracklogs.  I had seen this before,
there was some strange interaction relating to what you heard first, a
digi from the tnc or the gps.

More testing tonight on the way home.... :)
Chris.