[Xastir] New code testing

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Wed Jul 23 17:56:08 EDT 2003

On Wed, 23 Jul 2003, Bryce Wolfson wrote:

> Regarding the map interrupt handling showing nothing vs. copying each map to
> the display individually -- just copy the current aggregate image to the
> display when an interrupt is received, only if the regular flush (on map
> drawing completion) hasn't already occurred, _then_ abort and start the next
> draw. This way you don't see the compositing happening, but if you run out
> of time the flush should be a very quick operation by comparison to all the
> drawing.

Implemented in CVS.  Thanks for that idea.  It's very slick!

It appears to be the operation that I would normally expect from
doing a zoom/pan in the middle of a map draw, and it's still very
fast.  We don't currently draw the weather alerts/symbols/tracks on
top of it if we get a map draw interrupt though.

It'd be nice to draw alerts/symbols/tracks at that point as well but
it'd take more work to implement.  We'd probably have to create/use
a new function for this which ignored the map interrupts (unlike
refresh_image), so that we could get the rest of the data drawn
before starting on the next full map redraw.  That new routine could
probably skip drawing the weather alert maps and just do the
symbols/tracks.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin