[Xastir] New code testing

Curt Mills hacker at tc.fluke.com
Wed Jul 23 19:01:47 EDT 2003

On Wed, 23 Jul 2003, Curt Mills, WE7U wrote:

> It'd be nice to draw alerts/symbols/tracks at that point as well but
> it'd take more work to implement.  We'd probably have to create/use
> a new function for this which ignored the map interrupts (unlike
> refresh_image), so that we could get the rest of the data drawn
> before starting on the next full map redraw.  That new routine could
> probably skip drawing the weather alert maps and just do the
> symbols/tracks.

Now that I think about it, any of zoom/pan/resize will change the
parameters that are used while drawing symbols/tracks.  Their
size/position will be that of the _new_ map image, not the old.
Displaying them on top of the old image would therefore be
misleading.  Better to draw them at the point when the map draws
successfully conclude.

Another option would be to save away the old parameters at the time
of the interrupt, and use the old parameters to draw symbols/tracks
if we're servicing the map draw interrupt.  More complicated, but
accurate.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin