[Xastir] 100% CPU Usage

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Thu Jul 24 11:26:51 EDT 2003

On 21 Jul 2003, George wrote:

> OK, I have found what is causing XASTIR to use 100% cpu and locking up.
> It happens when I try to use festival for speech.
>
> I hope this helps in tracking down the problem.

I forwarded that on to the Festival guy.

Have you had Festival working before?  Is it working now but just
taking excessive CPU?  What OS and version are you running, and
where did you get the Festival code from?  Compile it yourself, or
install from RPM's?

Just curious whether this is something new that broke in the code,
or perhaps this is a first time trying Festival kind of thing, where
it could be Festival or network setup problem.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin