[Xastir] New code testing

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Thu Jul 24 15:36:09 EDT 2003

On Thu, 24 Jul 2003, Chris Bell wrote:

> Oh, I was just thinking about updating the "zoom x" box with the "new"
> value, the cursor position might be harder?  The busy cursor is fine.

This one is probably just a matter of calling the routines in a
different order.  We changed it a while back so that the update
happens after the map draw, I think so that you wouldn't mistake the
current map in front of you for matching the zoom level listed.  Now
you're asking to switch it back.

I would think that some other visual indication might be good.
Perhaps we could update to the new zoom level but inverse color it
or change the background until the map is done updating?

> Now, if only GPS worked underwater... I tried.  About 2 inches of
> water completely absorb the sat signals.  I would love to have geo
> tags on the pics... :) Hmm... SSTV from a towed float?

I believe the military has this figured out.  They two the GPS
antenna (or perhaps the whole GPS these days) on a float.  If it
wouldn't prove a safety hazard for the diver, it might be worth a
shot.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin