[Xastir] Arne Henriksen WX Output Format ??

Curt Mills, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Sat Jul 26 11:26:23 EDT 2003

On 26 Jul 2003, Rich Garcia wrote:

> I know that Xastir uses the Arne Henriksen format for networked WX but I
> am having one heck of a time finding the format on the web. Since Xastir
> understands the format someone on the list must know where to get the
> information on it.

I'm the one that integrated the One Wire Weather (OWW) daemon with
Xastir.  That's the daemon that puts out the Arne Henriksen format.

> If anyone can send me a link to the format I would really appreciate it,
> all the web links that I find say that it accepts that format or sends
> that format but none of them SHOW the format so that Brian can code it
> into his software.

Do a search on "one wire weather" or "OWW" or similar.  The docs for
that program and a bit of playing with it were sufficient for me to
figure out how to talk to it.

> Brian is also new to Linux, he is having a hard time not knowing exactly
> how TCP communications work on the linux platform. He is trying to get
> the program to send data out on the network port which he currently
> supports for client/server applications in his own format but is having
> a hard time. If anyone can assist please let me know and I will put you
> in touch with him.

I can perhaps assist, time allowing.  Know what language he's writing
in?

Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo.com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer