[Xastir] Arne Henriksen WX Output Format ??

Rich Garcia k4gps at arrl.net
Sat Jul 26 00:19:16 EDT 2003

I know that Xastir uses the Arne Henriksen format for networked WX but I
am having one heck of a time finding the format on the web. Since Xastir
understands the format someone on the list must know where to get the
information on it.

I am trying to assist Brian Hamilton the author of Weather Display to
support this output on both the Windows and Linux versions. Today he
released the information that his linux version is ready for Beta
testing. It is based on the original code so it seems to be working much
better than most beta's but he still needs to work on it.

If anyone can send me a link to the format I would really appreciate it,
all the web links that I find say that it accepts that format or sends
that format but none of them SHOW the format so that Brian can code it
into his software.

Brian is also new to Linux, he is having a hard time not knowing exactly
how TCP communications work on the linux platform. He is trying to get
the program to send data out on the network port which he currently
supports for client/server applications in his own format but is having
a hard time. If anyone can assist please let me know and I will put you
in touch with him.

Once he has the correct format for the Networked WX and knows how to
allow TCP communications out of his program on linux this will allow
Xastir users to have an alternative to wx200d (Weather Display is a
really great program) an also allow users that use Weather Display on
Windows to share the WX station over to their Linux box.

Rich
K4GPS