[Xastir] Fwd: *.map problems

Curt Mills, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Sat Jul 26 12:41:16 EDT 2003

On Sat, 26 Jul 2003, Gerry Creager N5JXS wrote:

> Areas of 1-2 points are generally illegal.  However, if it's possible to
> tweak the code so that it's an auto-closing polygonal area, that'd make
> a 2-point polygon into, really, a 3-point polygon.  In other words,
> starting with point 1, going to point 2 and back to point 1.  It'd look
> like a line, but that's OK.
>
> A lot of the older DosAPRS maps had 1-2 point polygons, and there was a
> basic script that cleaned these out.
>
> Curt, I don't know if this is practical, but it might be a work-around
> or even a fix...

That sounds reasonable I suppose.  I just commented out the warnings
for now, and the X11 Draw and Fill Polygon functions gets skipped on
1/2 point polygons.  Your description would allow drawing lines for
2-point polygons, but I'd have to check whether we'd have to switch
to different X11 drawing functions in that case.  I think I chose the
ones that specify the line segments don't intersect, as it's a much
quicker function.

If only a few lines/points are missed on the map, and that old BASIC
script used to clean them out anyway, then perhaps it's better if we
leave well enough alone.

Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo.com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer