[Xastir] USB on Linux for TNC

Brian Heaton brian.heaton at janusresearch.com
Tue Jun 10 09:05:56 EDT 2003

Rich,

	Are you running a stock RedHat kernel or one you compiled yourself?

	Personally I use a Keyspan USA-28X for my machine here at work.  Under
Linux I use /dev/ttyUSB0 for the first port and /dev/ttyUSB1 fo the
second port. Works like a champ every time.

	As long as the permission are setup right (from the README files) you
should just be able to fill in the config data and run.  What are you
trying now that isn't working for you??

			THX/BDH

On Mon, 2003-06-09 at 23:08, Rich Garcia wrote:
> I'll try posting this again. I have been playing with some network
> settings that changed my e-mail addresses and apparently the mailing
> list software did not like them.
>

> I have never tried to use USB on Linux before but I just picked up a
> Belkin F5U109rw and it works great on my Win2K box. I read the Mac post
> to use DEV/cu instead of TTY but how do I know what else to put in there
> ? I checked out RH9's Hardware Browser but all that tells me is that I
> have 3 USB ports installed.
>
> The auto detect feature of Linux did not see anything but I think that
> is because it sees the USB ports, not the adapter that is connected to
> it...I think.
>
> If I get this working I have a HOT lead on CHEAP adapters...I just want
> to make sure what platforms it works with before I send out a e-mail to
> everyone on the sig's. I already ordered 6 more of them, hopefully I can
> use it on Linux considering I am down to 1 Win2K box now.
Brian D Heaton
Senior Network Engineer
Janus Research Group
(706) 364-9100