[Xastir] USB on Linux for TNC

Alan Crosswell alan at columbia.edu
Tue Jun 10 10:23:33 EDT 2003

I finally got my Keyspan USA19QW working under Red Hat 9 on a Sony Vaio.  I had
to grab the updated firmware from keyspan.com and build a custom 2.4 kernel.
The story is that the updated firmware is in the 2.5 kernel.  Keyspan has a
whole tree of files there including out of date replacements for keyspan.c and
Config.in.  Ignore those and just grab keyspan_usa19qw_fw.h (or similar name)
and stick it in drivers/usb/serial/ and build a kernel.

Anybody want to buy a VAIO XG29 port bar?  Ever since I upgraded to XP none of
the features on it like the video out work and they were never supported by
Linux.  Now that I've got a working serial port with the Keyspan I don't need it.

I am *very* interested in cheap USB serial adapters.  $50 for the Keyspan is
crazy.  There are some cheaper ones made by Larry:
http://pfranc.com/usb/usb.shtml for $30 which is still a lot, but they support a
mod to supply power to a GPS I believe.
/a