[Xastir] Feature bloat?

Steve Dimse k4hg at tapr.org
Sun Jun 15 09:49:50 EDT 2003

On 6/15/03 at 9:22 AM wes at johnston.net (Wes Johnston) sent:

>How's this for an idea.... What if I could program my station to be a
>"lurking wide"?  There is a much taller betterer WIDE nearby, but if that
>station hasn't been heard in X number of minutes, my station becomes the
>WIDE.

Actually, it'd probably be better to do this on a packet by packet basis...if
any particular packet is heard but not digied, then digi it. I think digi-ned
has this capability, but not sure.

Certainly useful would this same feature in an IGate, AFAIK, there is none that
do it, but would be nice if a secondary IGate would not gate a packet if any
other IGate already put it onto RF...

Steve K4HG