[Xastir] Re: Map Drawing Tweaks

Bob Snyder rsnyder at toontown.erial.nj.us
Thu Jun 19 19:59:39 EDT 2003

On Wed, Jun 18, 2003 at 07:47:06AM -0700, Curt Mills, WE7U wrote:

> The problem is, we need to put the map drawing into a separate
> thread in order to do this.  That might be a lot of work to do so.
> In any case, it hasn't been done yet.  Map drawing happens in the
> main thread.

I haven't looked at the source, but does incoming net data come in via
the main thread too? I ask because I've had my connection to an
(admittedly busy) APRS server dropped by doing too many map zoom/moves.
I watched the Recv-q grow larger and larger while it was redrawing, and
when it was done, it'd lost the connection.

Getting net connections into a separate thread would be a plus because
of issues like this. Threads good. :-)

Bob N2KGO