[Xastir] Latest CVS broke com1

Patrick Briggs pbriggs at speakeasy.org
Mon Jun 23 20:58:16 EDT 2003

I did a cvs update a few days ago and it modified main.c, interface-gui.c and a few other small files.  After doing a new make install, I'm unable to open my com1 port where my KPC3 is connected.  I get the error "Error opening interface 0 hard fail".  This is on Cygwin on a windows XP box.  I tried completely rebooting, doing a make clean, ./bootstrap.sh, and make install over again, to no avail.  I also tried deleting the interface and recreating it from scratch.  I have nothing else on com1, and don't own PDA or other devices on com1.  I have not yet tried deleting all the sources and going back to the release version, minus the cvs update.   It was working ok previously.

-- Patrick AA7AE