[Xastir] tapr tnc

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Tue Jun 24 14:09:48 EDT 2003

On Tue, 24 Jun 2003, MC wrote:

> I'm able to use Xastir 1.2 only for packet hf via a pk232.
> When I connect a tapr clone, adjusting accordingly the parameters, I see the
> little red left oriented arrow flash as packets arrive, but nothing appears
> on the screen. How can I find were I'm wrong ?

More than likely you have "headerln" on.  Each packet coming in from
the TNC has to be one continuous line.  If you are seeing a separate
header line from the info part of the packet, that's your problem.

> Another question: the kiss serial tnc must be already set to kiss mode prior
> to open Xastir ? (The topic is not covered into the help). In fact, I see no
> way to adjust the kiss-on and kiss-off instructions.

Yes.  You have to put it in KISS mode prior to using with Xastir.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin