[Xastir] Configuration Questions

James Cour K1ZC at attbi.com
Wed Jun 25 16:47:59 EDT 2003

First, let me say thanks to the development team.  After spending all weekend trying to get WinAPRS to find my TNC on COM4 (via a USB adapater) I gave up and went the Xastir route.  While this is not exactly a build process for newbies, it is a VERY cool piece of software.

Two questions:

1.   Is there a way to make my Tiger map configuration options "sticky".  Each time I restart, it seems to revert to a default view that shows everything except street names.  Since I live in Chicago, that results in an excessively cluttered screen.

2.  Has somebody written an idiot's guide to installing Festival speech under XWindows?  While Xastir gave me a few headaches during the install, I must say that Curt's README was a masterpiece of clarity.  I am looking for something equally lucid for Festival.

73,
Jim
de K1ZC