[Xastir] Configuration Questions

Curt Mills, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Sat Jun 28 01:12:35 EDT 2003

On Wed, 25 Jun 2003, James Cour wrote:

> Two questions:
>
> 1.   Is there a way to make my Tiger map configuration options "sticky".  Each time I restart, it seems to revert to a default view that shows everything except street names.  Since I live in Chicago, that results in an excessively cluttered screen.

It is certainly possible to do so.  One of our developers added the
Tigermap code, and the rest of us have only done minor tweaks to it
here and there.

If the variables of interest are global variables, we could write
them to the config file.  It's not that big a deal to convert them
to globals if they're not already.

Speaking of that, perhaps we should modularize the cleanup code so
that we call a cleanup routine for each module.  That way they
wouldn't have to be globals anymore.  Something to think about for
Xastir-2 anyway...

> 2.  Has somebody written an idiot's guide to installing Festival
speech under XWindows?

I'm going to assume that you're talking about running on Windows.
I think there's only one guy that's attempted that so far, and I
wrote what he gave me into the README.win32 already.

Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo.com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer