[Xastir] One step closer with my RH 9 install, BUT

Gale Wilkinson gdwrbw at ftc-i.net
Sat Jun 28 13:41:52 EDT 2003

First, let say thanks for the help on my previous posting.  The
ImageMagick tarball did the trick as to getting Xastir configure to
admit that ImageMagick & GeoTiff did indeed exist.

Now for the next problem:

    Xastir appears to compile and install with no error messages.  But
when I try to start it I get a bunch of error mesages (all the same
message, it just appears many times).  The error message is:

    Warning: Cannont find callback list in XtAddCallback.

    The program appears to start normally though.  Then I get the normal
initial Xastir screen (The X in the center of a grid with the menu at
the top).  But if you click on any of the menu items all that happens is
that the menu item blinks.  Then the system locks up to the point where
sometimes you can't even get anything else to work and end up having to
do a  hard power down to get control back.

      I tried compiling both as myself and as root.  No change in the
results.

    Any Ideas?

     Gale